Show your troop pride with the Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada at one of the several exciting parades! GSSN will be coordinating troop entries into these three parades to help make Girl Scouts one awesome visual presence! Participate in one or ALL of the parades.
GSSN will take care of:
- Large group entry fee at each of the parades
- Coordinate staging areas of the day of the parade and launch troops
- Write the announcer's message
- Communicate details to troops registered by deadlines
Nevada Day Parade: Saturday, October 29
Deadline to register: Thursday, September 8
Veterans Day Parade: Friday, November 11
Deadline to register: Monday, October 24
Sparks Hometowne Christmas Parade: Saturday, December 3
Deadline to register: Monday, November 7
Registered troops will take care of:
- Check event websites for themes and parade rules
- Decorate your troop and/or float
- Coordinate and cover your parent/girl ratios as noted in Safety Activity Checkpoints
- Walk with your girls and enjoy the excitement together
- Purchase your fun patches from the shop
- Sparks Parade- there will be two large entries, one for competing and one for those who want to walk for fun!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.