The Bronze Award
The Girl Scout Bronze Award is the highest honor a Junior Girl Scout can earn. Project approval is the responsibility of the troop/group advisor. The Bronze Award is a team or troop award. Bronze Award trainings are available to mentors and leaders of Girl Scout Juniors.
- Individually Registered Girl Scouts (Juliettes) can form their own team who does not have to be registered members of Girl Scouts.
- All of the requirements for the Bronze Award must be completed as a registered Junior Girl Scout.
- The Bronze Award is not a prerequisite for the Girl Scout Silver Award or the Girl Scout Gold Award.
Bronze Award Requirements
The guidelines for the Bronze Award require the completion of one Junior Journey including the Take Action project. Detailed project information is provided in the Junior level Girls Guide to Girl Scouting. Individual girls can work toward the award by forming a team of their peers to help with the project. Team members do not have to be Girl Scouts when joining the Bronze Team.
The steps are:
- Go on a Girl Scout Junior Journey
- Build your Bronze Award team
- Explore your community
- Choose your Girl Scout Bronze Award project
- Make a plan
- Put your plan in motion
- Spread the word
- Submit the Journey Bronze Award report form
Please contact Beth Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding this award.
Girl Scout Bronze Award Workshops
The Bronze Award Forms