Online Learning Opportunities
Online learning is a great option for those who cannot attend an in-person learning opportunity, or for those who prefer to learn at their own pace. The following learning opportunities are now available online:
Learn more about volunteering with Girl Scouts and the basics of the new Girl Scout Leadership Experience before attending a Troop Leadership workshop.
To view the online video:
- Go to GSUSA’s online volunteer development
- Click on “Girl Scouting 101”
- When asked for your council name, scroll down to Sierra Nevada
GSSN’s online Journeys training offers general tips and tricks to get volunteers started with any of the Leadership Journeys. Please plan on approximately 30 minutes to complete the Journeys webinar. View the webinar now!
A Domestic Travel training is required when planning a trip with a group of Girl Scouts. Please complete the following steps to fulfill the self-study requirements:
- Read the Domestic Travel Participant Booklet and complete all of the activities.
- Review Volunteer Essentials (particularly Chapter 4) and Safety Activity Checkpoints
- Complete the Self-Study Assessment and mail, e-mail, fax or drop off the completed assessment to GSSN, at the attention of the Volunteer Department. Your answers will be reviewed and you will receive communication regarding the results of the assessment.