Community Engagement Specialist-Truckee/Tahoe
Classification/FLSA Status: Part-Time, Hourly
Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada is looking for a Part-Time, remote Community Engagement Specialist living in the Truckee/Tahoe area.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for implementing and assessing comprehensive year-round recruitment and membership strategies that increase girl and volunteer membership and enhance retention. Develop and foster community partnerships and volunteer involvement while providing a consistent image of the Council’s commitment to Girl Scouts and the community at large. Responsible for volunteer and girl recruitment, member identification, growth, and maintenance.
This position requires the ability to travel to our eastern territories at least 2 times a year to Bishop and Mammoth, and weekly to Truckee, Tahoe, and surrounding areas such as Susanville and Portola.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Through analysis of community needs, demographic data, and membership statistics, develop, design and conduct recruitment and retention plan for girl and volunteer membership growth in designated geographic areas.
· Establishes the appropriate volunteer support team to accomplish key priorities by selecting, appointing, and coaching volunteers in assigned geographic areas.
· Cultivates relationships with appropriate community leaders, organizations, and businesses to increase visibility of Girl Scouts in the community.
· Provides high quality customer service by optimizing the use of technology, clarifying desired information, researching, locating, and delivering findings.
· Provides ongoing support, and direction to volunteers in assigned geographic areas by interpreting Girl Scouts of the USA and council policies, standards, and procedures and by directing volunteers to additional support services.
· Identifies the need for and provides timely problem solving and conflict resolution support/intervention when appropriate.
· Serves as the main point of contact for geographic area volunteers relaying pertinent information to council staff and to guide volunteers to additional support services and resources.
· Ensure that diversity and pluralism is embraced and incorporated into the daily work of the position.
· Active participation in the development of environments that foster diversity, equity, inclusion, and access through words, actions, and attitude.
· Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s or higher or equivalent experiencewith four years of directly related work experience, and at least two years of managerial experience.
· Experience in membership development, recruitment and/or retention
· Experienced in data management using sales/customer management software (Salesforce) preferred
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
Our organization follows COVID precautionary measures such as face coverings and social distancing. Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background Checks are required as conditions of employment.