The 53rd National Girl Scout Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah was a week spent making new friends from around the world and around the U.S. Whether you were observing the Delegate sessions, exploring the Hall of Experience, or having a delicious lunch around town, there were thousands of Girl Scouts smiling, laughing, and having a great time together.
Several staff attended the convention for the first time and each had their own special memory:
- Alex really enjoyed the Conversation of Consequence: Diversity and getting her book signed by the panelists.
- Shannon was most inspired interacting as a volunteer at the NASA booth helping girls with the rocket launchers.
- Tish could be seen trading SWAPS with adults and girls from all over including our National CEO, Anna Maria Chavez.
- Krista was impressed seeing all of the girls interacting with each other during their learning sessions.
- Johanna felt the closing ceremony speaker and CEO of GoldieBlox Debbie Sterling had a powerful message about trying something new and never giving up on your dreams.
- Adrienne enjoyed meeting and talking with one of the Young Women of Distinction Awardees whose project was called, 'The Power of Poo'.
Our Adult and Girl Delegates and GSLI crew were amazing ambassadors for GSSN and we are all looking forward to the 2017 convention in Columbus, Ohio!