Fall Nut/Candy & Magazine Program
October 1 - October 19, 2015
Are you a new troop? Or maybe a troop that had tons of fantastic adventures this summer and needs to earn more troop funds? The Fall Nut/Candy & Magazine Program is the perfect way to earn recognitions and money for your troop to have even more great Girl Scout experiences!
The Customer Experience:
- Customers will be able to order, pay, and have their orders shipped directly to them, all from the comfort of their home.
- Customers can select from any of the nut/candy items listed on the order card or any of the specially created gift sets that appear on the online store.
- All confirmed online orders will be pulled directly into Nut-e on a nightly basis. This new process will eliminate the need to have the girl or volunteer pull any reports necessary to upload any sales.
Interested in participating in this year's Fall Nut/Candy & Magazine Program? Just complete the following!
- Have two approved leaders with volunteer applications and completed background screenings in place prior to September 1, 2015.
- Complete and submit your Troop Year-End Financial Report.
- Complete and submit your Troop ACH Form. (All troops must submit a yearly ACH form, which is how GSSN collects funds owed. This form can be submitted now and be used for the 2016 Cookie Program as well!)
- Make sure all girls in your troop have renewed their membership for the 2015-2016 membership year prior to October 1, 2015.
- Once steps 1-4 are completed, you’ll receive an email with your Nut-e login and password.
*Though this program is not mandatory for troops or girls to participate, it's a great way to earn funds before next years Cookie Program!
Want to participate, but your troop does not? The great thing about the online sales opportunity is that even if a troop opts out of participating in the program, a girl can still participate on her own and earn money for her troop and recognitions for herself! If you would like to participate as an individual, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you started!
For more information, contact your local Service Unit Product Sales Coordinator or the Product & Customer Care Manager at email@example.com.