Summer is the perfect time to get together with your Girl Scout
sisters to enjoy the great outdoors, the longer days, and the warmer
weather. Camping adventures, picnics in the grass, visiting local
parks, trips to the lake…there are so many fun things to do this
summer with your Girl Scout troop!
Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada wants to help your troop stay active with our 2019 Summer Active Troop Challenge. Troops who enroll by May 31 and complete all of the requirements between June 1 and August 31 will receive an exclusive Summer Active Challenge patch for their girls and troop leaders!
- Notify GSSN that your troop will be summer active and plans to participate in the Summer Active Troop Challenge. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Troop 1234 is Summer Active” by May 31, 2019.
- Get together with your Girl Scout troop at least three times. These can be your regular Girl Scout meetings or special summer outings.
- Complete at least one service project. Summer is a great time to practice environmental stewardship – planting a tree, cleaning up litter in a public space, or helping with trail maintenance could make for an awesome summer service project!
- Go on at least one outdoor adventure. You can go on a nature hike, swim in a lake, paddle in a canoe, host a stargazing sleepover – there are so many fun opportunities for outdoor exploration!
- Renew your Girl Scout troop by August 31, 2019. Troops must have at least two troop leaders and 75% of their troop renewed for the 2020 membership year by the deadline to qualify for the patch.
Track your troop’s progress and when you’ve completed the
challenge you can submit your request for patches online at tinyurl.com/summeractive. All activities
must be completed by August 31 and all requests must be submitted
by September 15, 2019!
Click here to view all of the requirements and
download your Summer Active Troop Challenge worksheet!
Questions about this program? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-322-0642.