Girl Scouting 101
This training gives you an orientation to Girl Scouting and will provide you with the basics of the new Girl Scout Leadership Experience. Be sure to view this video before attending or viewing Troop Leadership training! Click here to check out this interactive introduction to Girl Scouting. Be sure to enter “Sierra Nevada” when asked for your council name.
With the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and
Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
o There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
Volunteer Toolkit Tutorial Videos:
- Year Plan Options
- Setting Meeting Dates, Times, and Locations
- Meeting Plan Overview
- Adding Custom or Council Activities/Events
- Resources Search Tab
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.