If the families of your troop are in agreement to travel, and
understand the inherent risks, overnight camping and travel is allowed
with these stipulations:
· Council approval is required for ALL travel and overnight
activities by completing the Trip and High Risk Activity Application
form. Please email email@example.com for
· No international travel is allowed at this time.
· Girls and parents of separate households must travel separately.
· Continue to practice the Hygiene and COVID-19 Risk
Mitigation guidance for all travel.
Click here for the Trip and High Risk Activity Application.
The following measures are to be taken:
· Prior to departure, wellness checks must be made on all
travelers including temperature checks and an assessment as to current
symptoms of illness or exposure to a positive person during the last
three days. If any of the questions on the assessment is answered in
the affirmative, that individual may not go on the trip.
· Overnight sleeping in separate quarters with same household
members (i.e. girls need to be in individual tents or rooms and cannot
share quarters with members outside of their own household.)
· Masks MUST be worn at all times except when eating
· Maintain 6ft social distance
· Daily health/temperature checks
· Meals must be eaten outside
· Handwashing and hand sanitizing stations must be made
available at all times
· COVID release forms must be signed for all participants:
COVID Risk Acknowledgement Form
COVID Activity Waver
· Additional insurance should be purchased for non-members.
Click here for the activity insurance request form.
Advice for a successful trip
Travel plans are often arranged several months in advance and
contingencies must be planned ahead of time for re-scheduling,
cancelling, or pivoting to a virtual activity. For all planned trips,
create a timeline and identify a final date when decisions must be
made about whether or not to move forward with the planned trip, based
primarily on the safety of our girls, along with financial commitment
deadlines and/or other factors.
Consider purchasing travel insurance and read all fine print and
ensure COVID or pandemic related cancellation is covered; it is often
excluded. Decisions about whether or not to approve troop travel or
proceed with planned council-organized travel will be based on all
current health and safety guidance available in our jurisdiction as
well as for the destination jurisdiction to ensure the safety of girls.