All Girl Scout members who plan to volunteer in the following capacities must follow the steps in the “How do I submit a background check?” section:
- Any person who will have direct contact with girls.
- Any volunteer with financial responsibility.
- All service team members.
Additionally, all persons 18 years or older who reside at a residence where meetings or events occur must have a current GSSN background check prior to the first meeting. Since Girl Scout membership is not required for these individuals, they must email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin their background check process.
Are there any exceptions? Yes, if the person meets all of the requirements of either of these situations:
- A one time speaker or presenter who is never left alone with girls and is not counted when considering girl/adult ratio.
- A parent or guardian who attends a family function (court of awards or family picnic) and is not counted when considering girl/adult ratio.